Date(s) - Sep 16 2017
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
This weekly group is designed to help meditators with some experience deepen their practice by meeting regularly in a dedicated spiritual environment.
Meets every Saturday evening
Starts at 5.00 pm. Finishes at 6.00pm
Dhamma Discussion beforehand at 4pm
Dakkhina Dhammatthala (Southern Oasis of Dhamma) is a nun’s residence and small meditation space. We comfortably seat 10-15 people.
79 Davis Avenue,
Christies Beach, SA
Please enter via side gate
There is plenty of parking on the street. Please be mindful of our neighbours driveways.
It is FREE (Donations are welcome if the heart is moved to do so.)
What to expect
We are a friendly bunch of people who enjoy the support of other meditators. You will be asked to take off your shoes before entering the room and will have the option of sitting on cushions or chairs. If you have a medical condition which requires you to keep your shoes on, just let us know.
No, you don’t have to sit cross-legged on the floor. However, if you do want, to we can help you build the comfiest cushion-castle for your flexibility-level.
What to bring
There is no need to bring anything. We sit on chairs and cushions that are provided.
Please wear comfortable loose fitting clothing which is not too revealing and refrain from wearing fragrances.
Level of experience
The group is for people who have some meditation experience. Generally, there are no instructions given during the sitting time. If you have never meditated before please attend our Wednesday night or Saturday (3pm) groups.
The same people don’t come every week. Though we do have a lovely group of regulars. Come along as little or as often as you can make it. Regular attendance has helped many of our meditators but be kind to yourself if you can’t come every week.
What kind of people attend?
The group is run by the Buddhist Society. However, many people who come aren’t Buddhists and come from other religious backgrounds or have no interest in religion – they just want to meditate and find sitting with a group beneficial.
The programme is approximately as follows:
- 5.09 – 5.45: Silent meditation.
- 5.45- 5.55: Discussion, questions and answers
- 5.55- 6.00: Closing chanting
Saturdays are our most popular day at the vihara. Many people come for the guided meditation at 3pm, Dhamma Talk at 4pm and Sitting Group at 5pm. Mix and match as you wish!
Do I need to book?
No, just turn up.
- Meditation Sitting Group - Dec 05 2017 - 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Meditation Sitting Group - Dec 09 2017 - 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Meditation Sitting Group - Dec 12 2017 - 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Meditation Sitting Group - Dec 16 2017 - 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Meditation Sitting Group - Dec 19 2017 - 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Meditation Sitting Group - Dec 23 2017 - 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Meditation Sitting Group - Dec 26 2017 - 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Meditation Sitting Group - Dec 30 2017 - 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm