Date(s) - Feb 24 2018
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
This weekly group is designed to help meditators with some experience deepen their practice by meeting regularly in a dedicated spiritual environment.
Meets every Saturday evening
Starts at 5.30 pm. Finishes at 6.30pm
Dhamma discussion beforehand from 4pm until 5.00pm
Sutta discussion group moved from Tuesdays@null8.15 to Saturday@null6.45pm
Dakkhina Dhammatthala (Southern Oasis of Dhamma) is a nun’s residence and small meditation space. We comfortably seat 10 people.
79 Davis Avenue,
Christies Beach, SA
Please enter via side gate
There is plenty of parking on the street. Please be mindful of our neighbours driveways.
It is FREE (Donations are welcome if the heart is moved to do so.)
What to expect
We are a friendly bunch of people who enjoy the support of other meditators. You will be asked to take off your shoes before entering the room and will have the option of sitting on cushions or chairs. If you have a medical condition which requires you to keep your shoes on, just let us know.
No, you don’t have to sit cross-legged on the floor. However, if you do want, to we can help you build the comfiest cushion-castle for your flexibility-level.
What to bring
There is no need to bring anything. We sit on chairs and cushions that are provided.
Please wear comfortable loose fitting clothing which is not too revealing and refrain from wearing fragrances.
Level of experience
The group is for people who have some meditation experience. Generally, there are no instructions given during the sitting time. If you have never meditated before please attend our Wednesday night or Saturday (3pm) groups.
The same people don’t come every week. Though we do have a lovely group of regulars. Come along as little or as often as you can make it. Regular attendance has helped many of our meditators but be kind to yourself if you can’t come every week.
What kind of people attend?
The group is run by the Buddhist Society. However, many people who come aren’t Buddhists and come from other religious backgrounds or have no interest in religion – they just want to meditate and find sitting with a group beneficial.
The programme is approximately as follows:
- 5.25 – 5.30 Find your seat and get settled
- 5.30 – 6.30: Silent meditation.
- 6.30 end bell
Saturdays are our most popular day at the vihara. Many people come for the guided meditation at 3pm, Dhamma discussion at 4pm and Sitting Group at 5.30pm and Sutta discussion at 6.45pm. Mix and match as you wish!
Do I need to book?
No, just turn up.
- Saturday Sitting Group 6 pm - Apr 27 2019 - 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Saturday Sitting Group 6 pm - May 04 2019 - 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Saturday Sitting Group 6 pm - May 11 2019 - 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Saturday Sitting Group 6 pm - May 18 2019 - 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Saturday Sitting Group 6 pm - May 25 2019 - 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Saturday Sitting Group 6 pm - Jun 01 2019 - 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Saturday Sitting Group 6 pm - Jun 08 2019 - 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Saturday Sitting Group 6 pm - Jun 15 2019 - 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Saturday Sitting Group 6 pm - Jun 22 2019 - 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Saturday Sitting Group 6 pm - Jun 29 2019 - 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Saturday Sitting Group 6 pm - Jul 06 2019 - 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm